Ensuring that your supply chain is designed to achieve your future business objectives is vital. The Henderson Logistics team have the experience to successfully develop an optimal supply chain strategy to identify opportunities in supporting your business’ service proposition, improving performance and minimising operations costs and capital expenditure.
Through an extensive review of a client’s organisational capability, Henderson Logistics can identify the company’s requirements to frame the development of the baseline ‘As Is’ supply chain model. From this framework we can then:
- Provide benchmarking data and KPIs on in-house and outsourced warehouse and transport networks across various industries
- Define potential scenarios for detailed modelling
- Develop the optimal network configuration
- Recommend structure, process and technology improvements to facilitate changes
- Prepare detailed end-to-end cost modelling of all scenarios, including CAPEX, transition costs and operational cost improvements
- Identify key transition steps and prepare implementation plans
- Develop a business case for the recommended options to the design year
- What impact does manufacturing re-alignment have on shipping costs?
- What scope exists to consolidate a fragmented distribution network?
- Where and how many distribution points should there be?
- What potential capacity issues for transport, warehousing and inventory are there on the horizon?
- Which assets and infrastructure should be invested in?
- What range of products does each location hold (centralised vs. local network)?
- What opportunities exist to streamline existing warehouses?
- Should we insource or outsource logistics operations?
- Are our current 3PL costs competitive?
- Is logistics and supply chain our company’s core business?
- How can we optimise demand planning and forecasting processes?
- Do opportunities exist to optimise our stockholding and working capital?
- What inventory levels provide the target service levels for our business?
- Could network consolidation realise delivery efficiencies?
- What is the optimal balance between dedicated and on-demand vehicles?
- Where can we optimise load planning and vehicle utilisation?
- Is freight our company’s core business?
- What organisational structure will support the network?
- Which systems and tools are required to support the supply chain?
- What opportunities exist to enhance execution systems (WMS / TMS)?
- Which systems are required to support e-commerce logistics?